Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gorgeous Gingham

I know this isn't the most interesting garment in the world to post on, but I am trying to build up my wardrobe with more 'basic'-type pieces.

So - a quick post on a dirndl skirt. Super easy - one long rectangle, an invisible zip, a waistband, hook and eye, and button. And voila!


I love gingham - I have my petticoat on - can you tell with its super volume?! I wore it out this arvo for a lady's only afternoon tea. Cappuccinos and teensy but decadent chocolate brownies were on our menu. Very fun!

It is freakishly windy here today (which is why my hair looks so weird in this photo). Apparently the winds will get up to 100k/hour tonight. Time to batten down the hatches!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute skirt! I've been wanting to sew some basic and easy staples too, but I always get caaught up in difficult projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice again. Love the 50s feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! How can that not be interesting? I love gingham, too, but weirdly have never yet sewn with any. That skirt rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt! I have a dress in avery similar fabric! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I do love the 50s feel to it too. I'm kind of half way through a 50s tie-front blouse that I think will suit it perfectly.

    Stephanie - I always do too! But I made a vow to myself that I would sew some basics before doing my next big project.

    Didyoumakethat - time to get gingham sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I can't believe it was so simple to make - it looks fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely skirt - looks fantastic. Love it with the petticoat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not everything has to be super complicated to be worthy of sharing - I love the simplicity and fullness of your gingham skirt! So classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I love gingham skirts. But now I realize I don't have any. How weird. So I better get sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete