Isn't that pose just hilarious?
Anyway, you can't really see it in the above photo, but this a dress with a front flounce, elasticised waist, cross-over bodice and contrast sleeve cuffs.
I made it in a Liberty Tana Lawn, with cotton voile from Tessuti. It is lined in black silk-cotton, also from Tessuti.
It is probably a bit late in the season to be making a cotton frock, but I had intended to wear this to Little M's second birthday party on the 13th April. Michael convinced me it is probably going to be a little too cool for it, so it is getting worn now.
The pattern comes together well. I cut a straight size 12 and did nothing to it. Not even lengthen it. The only gripe I have with it is that I have to safety-pin the bodice closed - it is an absolute cleavage fest if I don't. I made the belt to go with it - used the same voile as the sleeve cuffs and simply interfaced it heavily. It closes with two hooks and eyes. I thought it looked a bit weird without the black belt to tie it all in together.
Look at that flounce flying around in the wind.
I really recommend this pattern - it is simple enough to sew, and doesn't require fitting given its elasticised nature. You definitely need to use a light fabric though - think lawn, voile or silk. There are a lot of tucks/pleats in the bodice and the flounce needs to be soft and light to drape properly.
So, there we have it. A cute little frock to end Melbourne's hot weather on. I am now working like a gun to finish my Sewcie Tea dress and a dress to wear to Little M's party. Luckily I finished Little M's dress and leggings a while back.