I wasn't sure what I would make (I usually go fabric shopping with a clear purpose, patterns, and list), but I desperately wanted some of this lovely teal-turquoise coloured ponti. Given I was unclear what to make, I bought 1 metre, thinking I would make a pencil skirt if nothing else caught my fancy.
That is what I made. I used the skirt portion from BurdaStyle's Melissa dress (which is the knit version of the Jenny dress):
I cut the size 36, and tapered in an additional 0.5cm on the sides for a firmer fit. By the end of yesterday the skirt had stretched out a fair bit, so I may have been better to cut the 34.
I just realised how worn-out my tights are!
So, that's my 1 metre ponti skirt! I love the bright colours that are very popular at the moment. I've got a few more finished projects up my sleeve that I'm going to get photographed this weekend - hopefully I'll be able to post one soon.