Equipped with 3.5m 100% wool boucle, 3.5m 100% silk, 2m of lace, 2m of hair canvas, silk thread, regular thread, interfacing, buttons etc etc, I have:
- Interfaced by hand-stitching all coat pieces with hair canvas;
- Marked and stitched the lapel roll line;
- Pad-stitched the lapels;
- Stitched the seams down flat to the coat (I didn't topstitch them as I thought the stitching wouldn't show anyway).
- Stitched together the coat shell pieces (not the collar or the sleeves);
- Stitched together the lining pieces (not the sleeves); and
- Hemmed the lining using lace.
Most of this has been done by hand, and phew, I'm beat from it. Here are the pad-stitched lapels (my first time pad-stitching - you can tell!):
The hair canvas interfacing:
The lace hem and lining fabric:
I still have to:
- Mark and stitch the collar roll line;
- Pad-stitch the collar;
- Attach the collar to the shell;
- Hem the shell;
- Do the belt and belt loops;
- Do the lining and shell sleeves; and
- Attach the lining to the shell.
Do you think I can get it done before baby time? I still have to finish Michael's b'day shirt and finish my baby quilt, and I'm due on the 26th April.
My pregnancy is going well - I have some pelvic instability which is slightly painful and a real nuisance - I have to wear a brace - but bub is getting bigger and bigger (as am I!!). I should be finished the quilt soonish, so I'll post some pics to show you - the quilt colour-way will also reveal if the baby is a boy or a girl!
Hope you're all doing well, and I'll post more progress pics soon!