I've had a crazy time since breaking my scaphoid. I went back to work Monday, but then today (Wed) the Injury Management Consultant informed me I was not legally allowed at work until my medical cert had expired and I got a statement saying I was fit to go back to work. Woops! So I'm off work until next thursday. Its probably for the best - I'm still sore and learning to cope with no right hand.
So, to occupy myself, I thought I would do two things:
- Show you the two new patterns I bought on etsy; and
- Put together a list of 10 things I'd like to sew next - with your help.
So, first of all - drum roll please - my two new patterns!!!!!
First of all, a lovely little princess-seam dress with sleeves:
How cute is it? I am thinking it would be a good versatile dress - for work and play, depending on the fabric. I am considering making it up in the lovely spotty cotton I bought to make the dress for the wedding. I think I'd wear this dress a lot more so it would be better to use the fabric for something that would get more use. What do you think?
Now, number two:
I love this one, and it was only $5. The seller says it is from the 40s, but I am wondering if it is from the 30s? Pattern dating experts, help me out here.
What sort of fabric should I make this from? Plain/floral/patterned? Cotton? I need help!!
Now onto my list of 10 things to make. Please feel free to comment about whether you think a particular type of garment is needed more or less. I do know I have a serious penchant for dresses.
So, here are my ideas at the moment:
- The two patterns above.
- Another pair of trousers, in black linen (I promise the pant pattern post is coming soon)
- Simplicity 2501, View C, but with a rounded collar. I'm thinking a b&w polka dot. What do you think?
- Now, this one is a bit daring -- Colette Pattern's Lady Grey. Do you think I'm up to it? It is rated 'advanced'. I just love this coat. The Cupcake Goddess made this and incited serious coat lust in me with her version.
- I also want to sew another Jenny pencil skirt, but in a black wool.
So, that makes six garments. Suggestions, please! I'm not really after 'party' dresses at the moment, and am willing to expand my pattern collection some. Maybe a shirt dress if anyone can recommend a good pattern?
Stay tuned too, I have a give away coming up soon!