I had not heard of Dixie DIY before, but I loved Marie's floral version and had been looking for a simple long-sleeved dress to make with the 2m of ponti called 'Pelorous Ponti' I bought in Sydney from Tessuti (I couldn't find it on their website).
I made the size small, and made the following adjustments:
- Lengthened the bodice by 7cm. I muslined the bodice only and found that it ended only just below my bust - without taking out the seam allowance to join it to the skirt. I don't think it would have been a good look!
- Lengthened the skirt by about 3cm.
- Took the sleeves in by 5cm in total. They were unusually baggy, and I wanted them to be more streamlined.
- Added a belt. I think it needs it to break it up.
I love this dress. At first I worried it was a bit too firm-fitting and showed every lump and bump, but I changed my bra about fifty times and finally was happy with how all the bumps were contained.
I had a bit of fun with taking photos - it is a ballet dress after all!
|I'm so graceful. Especially in knee-high boots.|
|Check out that air!|