Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lisette Portfolio Tunic and More Clovers

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We had a lovely holiday period here, did you? It was great to have Michael at home, and Little M loved Christmas and all the wonderful gifts she received from everybody. And she gave us a wonderful Christmas present - she started to crawl on Boxing Day! Prior to that she had been commando-crawling, but on Boxing Day she really took off. I'm run off my feet keeping up now though!


With Michael being at home I had some time to sew. As I mentioned in my last post, I was hankering for a black pair of the Clover trousers. So they got made - the only change I made was to decrease the front crotch length by 1cm - I think I'm happier with the new crotch length, but haven't worn the pants for any length of time yet to tell.






I also really need a few more 'nice' shirts - I wear t-shirts most of the time, and am sick of them. I don't really have too many shirt patterns in my collection, so at the Clegs Boxing Day Sale, when all patterns are $5, I picked up Simplicity 2245, the Lisette Portfolio tunic.



I made view C, the shirt. It is a very easy make - the only quandary I faced was that my bust size is a size 14 (!!) and the rest of my body equates to a 10. So I went the middle ground and cut a 12, and took in the side seams from the bust point down. Probably not the 'proper' way to do it, but I wanted something that was easy to make. 


I made this out of my lovely Singapore cotton, with some scraps of linen from Tessuti in my stash. I love this blouse - love the collar, and the cute button detail at the back.


I really recommend this pattern - it is a simple project with enough cute details to play around with. I think I'm going to make the longer dress-length tunic - but have so many projects on my mind at the moment!

11 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see a post from you! I love the Lisette pattern - I made the tunic version - and your Clover trousers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cute little buttons are divine! And I'm loving your black clovers. I really need to get a move on and make this pattern!

    Like you, I'm sick of wearing t-shirts and would love some 'nice' tops. So I've made it a mission to go out and search for patterns for this, seeing as I seem to have everything but. Seems like we both need to learn how to do a 'full-bust adjustment'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your posts Rachel, because they prove that quality is way better than quantity! I love your new Clovers and your top is adorable, especially the cute little buttons. Loving your hair too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit. The clovers really suit you and its good to know that they didn't need much adjusting. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ensemble. You've done a fine job of both pieces. They look very groovy Asian-chic when worn together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. We had a drama filled one. But 2012 has gotten off to a better start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit together, it suits you and fits well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that Portfolio pattern. I made up the short version as well and I'd love to make the longer one with pockets. Your clovers look fab, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit the combination is lovely. I am currently working on the trousers from the Portfolio pattern ( albeit heavily altered to look more Clover like). I hope to get around to the top as every version I have seen is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see you sewing Rachel and to see your ensemble. Have you done any sewing for the adorable little Miss M.? I am relieved to post this comment...blogger has not been cooperating for days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi all,
    I am completely in love with this pattern but can't find it for sale anywhere. If anyone is done with theirs I'd love to buy it from you!

    ReplyDelete