I immediately wanted a tunic with the black/natural for the body and the white/natural for the sleeves. So I made one!
I really took my time matching those stripes. I used the tunic Anna drafted that I have sewn before. I love this simple little dress. I've worn it three times already and have been complimented so much. It is a great layering dress, and I'm really proud of my stripe matching.
Given I had six metres, I decided to enter twice. I decided to make more of a warm weather frock - although I can wear this with a cardigan or jacket now. For this one, I used the bodice of Colette Patterns' Moneta dress, and the skirt of Vogue 1027. I sewed elastic in the waist of this dress as it is quite heavy. I also didn't cut it on grain so that I would achieve that chevron effect.
I froze my a*s off this morning to get these shots!
I'll review the Moneta dress properly soon. I have made a bright red version with sleeves, and have encountered some fit issues that I'll discuss in that post. I'm a bit too tired to go over them now - we had my sister's engagement party on Saturday night. I danced and drank champagne until the early hours of Sunday morning and am still tired! We also got our bridesmaids' dresses sorted. It has been decided that I will make my own. I am petrified - the fabrics are from Tessuti and include silk organza. I will need your advice!!! Hope you've had a nice long weekend - I'm off to watch some Boardwalk Empire while the kiddo is at the zoo with a mate.