I actually made this Cambie not long after I made my last one. I like to strike while the iron's hot. I haven't gotten around to posting about it because I haven't really worn it - for some reason when I initially wore it I didn't like the way the fabric colours went with my skin tone. But today I got over that.
I made this one in the Liberty print called Wiltshire. I think paired with solid, dark accessories it is okay on me. It is not quite as vibrant as I had thought when purchasing it.
Onto the pattern .... nothing new to add from my original one. Here is a recap of the alterations I had to make:
- I started with a size 8 bodice, but ended up taking it in about 1.2cm on each side.
- I pinched about 1cm out of the middle of the sweetheart neckline.
- I shortened the straps by 1.5cm, tapering to 2cm at the bodice.
- I took 1.5cm out of each back piece from the top - tapering to nothing at the bottom.
- I shortened the bodice by 3cm.
Things I really like about this version include the pockets. Very useful for my work ID and keys.
The back sits nice and flat, as does the front of the bodice.
So... a non-blogged item sees the light of day! I am glad I dragged this out today. It was comfy and made me feel nice. Wearing Liberty was a much needed event after my Washi dress on Saturday :-)
I'll leave you with this final photo. I asked Michael for more direction for posing for blog photos. He told me to think of seahorses. 20 points if you can identify which movie he was referencing - one of my all-time favourites for a good snorting laugh!!