Friday, November 9, 2012

Tessuti's Chloe Pants

Every year coming into summer I buy myself a pair of black linen pants. They are always black, a loose fit and to be worn casually with sandals. I find them essential for an Aussie summer when I don't want to wear a dress.

When Tessuti launched their newest pattern, The Chloe Pants Pattern, I knew that Colette must have intuitively known that this year I wanted to make my own pair (hehehe). I made them up in Tessuti's Como Black Out Linen which I am experiencing a mild obsession with. That charcoal-y washed-out colour just appeals to me....



I also think that Colette must have been thinking of me when she drafted the size 10, as the only adjustment I had to do was lengthen the back crotch by 2.5cm. I didn't muslin the pattern. Instead I measured the crotch length in the front and back of one of my favourite pairs of Veronica Maine suit pants and compared it to the paper pattern. The front was fine, the back need that small adjustment. Easily the simplest pair of pants I have ever made.


I wore them this morning to get my hair cut and they were extremely comfortable. The linen has stretched out as the day has worn on, but I really like them even more slouchy. I wore them with this simple linen shell top I made recently from Simplicity 2599:


And my new wedge sandals:


I would like to make another pair of these pants, perhaps in a bright colour. What colour would you suggest? I'd love to get your advice!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous - they're perfect on you! Ah Como Black Out, how we love thee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa, Rachel....they are just right! And you must wear more magenta... it is lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish! I'm a bit on a linen obsession at the moment..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They fit divine. And I love how casual and stylish they look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, these trousers fit you perfectly! They are seriously flattering, so you must make loads more! Looking gorgeous as always ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange. I suggest Orange. Not tangerine but more rust because lots of things will co-ordinate with it. But if you can handle tangerine then go for that too XD Also, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit. The charcoal linen looks fabulous with the fuschia top. You've really nailed the accessories too with the shoes and necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ONly one adjustment? Are you kidding me? Well lucky you... but that just ain't fair!!! hehehe - they look fabulous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not relevant to this but I couldn't find a contact link-sorry, are we still on for the sewist meetup today? Seemed from your earlier post that people had other stuff on/ couldn't make it?

    ReplyDelete