I've had a bit of a hiatus, but there was fabric in my stash calling to me, so I bit the bullet and decided to make myself a little frock to get back into the land of sewing.
I've had this in my pattern stash since the very beginning:
I also had about 1.5m of Japanese cotton from a while ago, and 0.5m of some blue denim (I have no idea when or where I bought it - maybe an op-shop because I haven't bought this type of denim for a project before).
So I made View A:
Excuse my very tired face, somewhat limp hair and extremely minimal makeup. It is a horrible-weather day here in Melbourne, and it was pretty tough to get out of my warm clothing!
The back view:
This dress is very easy to make. I jazzed it up a bit by doing french seams:
And by facing the bottom band. I didn't have enough denim to do the facing, so I used leftover Japanese cotton. I think it looks pretty!
I don't really have anything ground-breaking to say about this. There is no tricky closure, it goes straight over the head. The trickiest part is the curving on the yoke, but that is not too bad, as the dress part fits perfectly into it, making it easy to sew. I do recommend this pattern if you want an easy, summery, tent-ish dress. I've worn it a few times already, with sandals on a warm day and boots on a colder one.
I do have something else to show you soon - I finally finished the matching Cynthia Rowley jacket to my black racer-back dress. It had been languishing cut and partially begun on my sewing table for almost 2 months. I ruined the sleeves once, and had to go and buy more fabric, but have finally finished the wiley little thing. I'll try and get some photos soon.
Hope no Melburnians are headed to the Caufield Cup tomorrow (horse racing day for non-Melbourne people) -- the weather is forecast to be insanely wild!
Fabric Focus – Stretch Cotton Sateen
1 hour ago