A while ago my beloved favourite fabric store Tessuti posted about a new vintage sewing and craft store in Melbourne called L'uccello. I finished work a little early on thursday (also pay day hehe) and had a bit of time to kill before meeting my friend to walk home together.
So I went to L'uccello of course! And got some lovely goodies!
I've also included two lots of vintage buttons I bought from etsy - so, working from left to right, here's what they are:
1. Nine Navy blue and white vintage buttons from the 1940s. I plan to use them on a navy linen shirt dress. They were $4.50 from etsy.
2. Eight Yellow and mother of pearl vintage buttons from the 1940s. I'm planning a button down blouse using a Burda pattern my friend Maree sent me. They were $3.50 from etsy.
3. Three White flower vintage buttons from the 1950s. I've got a lovely Project Runway shirt dress pattern that only requires 3 buttons, so they'll be used for that - any fabric/colour suggestions? They were $9 from L'uccello.
4. 1940's casein yellow belt buckle. Unsure what I'll use it for yet, but loved the shape, and for $4 from L'uccello, I had to have it!
5. Vintage metal teeth zippers. $1 each from L'uccello. The red and grey ones have had the teeth dyed to match - how cool! I bought these as I'm going to follow The Cupcake Goddess' instructions for doing a handpicked lapped zipper on a BurdaStyle Sidonie skirt I'm making out of the rest of my coat fabric.
If you live in Melbourne, L'uccello is quite reasonably priced, and is like a lolly store!