Simplicity 2501. Gertie has made this one in a cute polka dot. I love the version that has the waist band that makes it look like it has a peplum.
Simplicity 3673. I love version A. I'm thinking I'll make it in a black matte fabric or a black polka dot.
Vogue 8615. Again, my inspiration for this came from Gertie. I also purchased it as I need to come to terms with the fact I live in Melbourne, where we actually do have winter, and not Queensland anymore, where the weather is blissfully and perpetually hot all year round. Adjustments to my wardrobe are needed.
Now - the trouser update. Here are my issues to date:
- I chose the worst possible fabric to make a muslin with. It is some sort of heavy cotton-poly, and, even using a brand new needle, my machine absolutely hates it. The needle would just not go through the fabric when there was more than one layer. I am going to buy some actual muslin to make the test garment with and start again.
- The fly is a new sewing process for me. I attempted it on Saturday, when I been up until 2am, and had a hangover. I rarely drink enough to warrant a hang over, and rarely stay up that late either. I blame my husband, sister, brother-in-law, and my cousin. They were just too fun for words.
- Some of the instructions are not very clear. Which I clearly needed them to be on Saturday
So, my plan is:
- Buy some muslin to make a test garment with.
- Consult some online resources and my sewing guides regarding how to sew a trouser fly instead of just relying on the pattern instructions.
- I have also emailed the instructor of the sewing classes that Tessuti Fabrics hosts. I am thinking maybe a formal lesson on how to construct trousers may be a good idea, instead of me sewing them on the fly (hehehe very bad joke, I know).
So, as I was disappointed with my trouser effort, I've moved onto Vogue 8280 and Colette Rooibos until I get into gear again for trousers. I won't have much to show for a little while though - I am going away for work tomorrow night, and my little bro is visiting next weekend.
Hope you all had a nice long weekend.