Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Xmas Dress - Vogue 8380

Over the next few days/weeks I am going to post my newest sewing projects, as a bit of a catch up.

First is the dress I wore on Christmas day - Vogue 8380 made up in Alexander Henry fabric called 'No Guts No Glory'.

I've posted a review of this on pattern review. It probably wasn't the most 'christmassy' dress, but I've been dying to sew this fabric, and couldn't bear not to wear it on the day. Usually I'm not a 'skull' fabric kinda gal, but when I saw this, and another Alexander Henry fabric called 'Regency Skulls' in pink (I'll post the dress I made out of that soon), I was in such a state of fabric lust I got them both.

This dress was very easy to make. No complaints whatsoever.

Christmas was an odd weather day here in Melbourne. It was cold when I woke up (hence the boots and stockings), but when I got to lunch at my brother-in-law's house, it was so hot we all had sunscreen on!! I had to ditch the stockings and boots and go barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment